In an effort to keep my site relatively plugin-lean, I have opted for the GeneratePress (native) mega menu. No plugin.
BUT (there’s always a “but”) – was wondering if a certain layout is possible.
The image is perfect representation:
- I currently have my menu next to the logo in the header.
- But would like my “mega” menu sub-menus to open beneath header and be the width of the container (contained) – stretching from the logo-edge to the search icon. “Beneath the header’ could be done with padding I would think.
- Would like my submenu BG color to stretch full-width.
- I don’t need photos – hence can use the GP MM alternative.
- The main links require a click to open as opposed to a hover and jockey for position. Smart idea considering size of menu.
Any help is appreciated – if it can’t be done – that is okay too. I just didn’t want to go down the rabbit-hole if someone with more experience looks at it and says ‘no.’
Can you link us to the site where we can see what you’ve achieved so far?
And the image is what you are looking to achieve?
Let me know 🙂
Thanks for responding. Added links in private area below.
Having NOT started down a mega menu path – my menu is default GP (have not really styled sub-menu).
More curious if concept is doable using this type of menu:
I’m not seeing the mega menu in your screenshot on the examples site.
Please try build your mega menu first, then we can take a look and offer the CSS.
If you click on the Products – you will see.
It is not present on my site.
I see the mega menu on the examples site, this can be achieved using GP’s basic mega menu method.
Have you tried this? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/building-simple-mega-menu/
Was looking for confirmation it was possible. Will build now – thanks!
Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need assistance 🙂
I am testing (again) the Max Mega Menu plugin. The GP is too limiting (which, in the end, is probably a better thing).
Having said that – I accomplished the submenu task (Submenu = contained width) I was hoping too. See private area for URL.
I may have more questions – but need to figure out if they are GP related or Max Mega Menu related – so I ask the correct party.
Let us know when you have questions 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.