Are you a GenerateCustomer?

Do you have an active GP Premium or GenerateBlocks Pro license key?

Create a GenerateSupport account for GeneratePress and GenerateBlocks support in one dedicated place.

Create an account
Already have a GenerateSupport account? Login

Just browsing?

Feel free to browse the forums. Support for our free versions is provided on WordPress.org (GeneratePress, GenerateBlocks).

Want to become a premium user? Learn more below.

Pages have duplicate H1 and title tags

• Hi Team,

All my articles 1500+ are showing duplicate H1 and title tags in the Semrush audit report.

How to fix this?

• Hi Ravi,

For reference, can you share a couple of links to articles that were reported as having the issue?

• Please find the links in the private section…

• There’s only one H1 in these links. It must be a false positive. Can you ask Sem Rush why it’s reporting duplicate H1s when there is only one H1?

• Yes, there is only one H1 tag, but semrush reporting about “Title” and “H1” which are duplicate..

• Hi there,

its not a theme related issue
    to cover WordPress provides the wp_title function which outputs the <title> tag in the head of your site.
    The theme, like all themes that following WP standards, add support for that function.
    And in turn WP automatically outputs the title tag.

And by default that tag is made up of document parts including:

Part 1 – the content Title
    Part 2 – the site Title.

So unless a SEO plugin or custom function changes the title tag it always has the Content Title inside it.

Why does SEMRush flag this ?

In the past, duplicate content may have been seen as keyword stuffing. Today its more likely a missed opportunity to add more keywords to a page.

But i am unsure and its rather odd that SEMRush themselves audit your site when it seems they don’t have a problem in doing it on their own blog – see this post:

https://www.semrush.com/blog/content-creation-tools/

And its Title and H1 are identical:

<title>37 Best Content Creation Tools & Software in 2023</title>
    <h1 data-test="heading-text" class="sc-bBHxTw jDOSQh sc-fXEqDS hzeXp">37 Best Content Creation Tools & Software in 2023</h1>

Might be worth asking SEMRush for more info and what you should change if anything and then use an SEO Plugin to rewrite the title meta if needed.

• @David,

Thanks for your analysis, I forwarded it to the semrush support team. I will update you once I receive a response from them…

• It would be good to know what they say 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.