I want to add a load more button to my page. When I do it through Appearance > Customize > Layout > Blog, this button just doesn’t appear on the page.
Also, if you check and uncheck other functions, nothing happens either.
Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?
Can you link us to your site?
Your homepage is a static page, load more (infinite scroll) open works on index page like blog and archive pages.
So it’s expected behaviour.
How can I create an index page?
The index pages are generated automatically by WordPress if you have posts published.
You can create a new page, name it blog, and go to settings > reading, choose this page as the posts page.
Load more also doesn’t work with the query loop block, if you want it to work on archive/blog, you will need to use a block element – content template to create the style of the posts on blog/archive pages.
So I have this page: https://primekayak.com/learn/
I need to have a load more button before the footer. I can’t figure out how to do it. What do I need to do with this page? Or how to create the exact-looking page with the load more button?
1. Go to appearance > elements, create a block element – content template. Please make sure you watch the video to understand the concept.
2. Edit your current page, and select the post template container nested in the query loop, click the 3 dots icon, click copy, go to the content template element, and paste it there.
3. Then we need to wrap all your blocks in the Post template container to a new container and let it be the root container, then remove the Post template container to get rid of the attributes that come with it, here’s a video demonstration: https://app.screencast.com/FxtKBtgESeGBT
4. Set the block element – content template’s location to
5. For the title and term description, you can copy the current title and term description from the page to a block element – page hero, and set the element’s location to
If you want to have a different layout for the 1st post, you need to create another block element – content template and select the previous one as its parent element.
And set the 1st post to be featured at customizer> layout > blog so it takes the entire space of the first row.
Thank you for your help
You are welcome, good job following my instructions 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.